- Position Information
Position Type :Full Time
Start Date: 1/10/2019
Duration of Contract: 1/10/2019 – 31/12/2019 (renewable upon satisfactory performance through 2019)
Nationality: Egyptian Nationals Only
Days Off/Week: 2 days (Flexible)
Hours/Week: 37 hours
Location :Zamalek, Cairo.
Years of Experience :5+ Years
- Organizational Context
The Danish Egyptian Dialogue Initiative (DEDI) is an intergovernmental initiative established through an agreement between the Danish and Egyptian Foreign Ministries with a strong dialogue mandate under the Danish Arab Partnership Programme (DAPP). DEDI is headed by a Coordinator who is the main responsible for all activities of the Initiative.
DEDI’s core mandate is to promote cultural understanding between Denmark and Egypt.
DEDI works with a broad range of governmental and civil society partners to create long-lasting networks and co-operation between Egyptian and Danish partners.
DEDI’s projects and activities are focusing on three programme areas:
- Civic Education
- Arts & Culture
I. Functions and Key Results Expected
The Administrative Officer at DEDI is a member of the Initiative’s Finance and Admin. Team. The team consists of a Head of Finance and Administration (Head of Section), a Finance Manager, HR Manager, an Office Assistant, and a Security Officer. The core tasks of the team include accounting, payments, procurement, security, contracts, agreements, physical premises, travel arrangements, equipment, stationary and other work tools.
The Administrative Officer refers to the Coordinator of the Initiative with regards to general employment conditions and to the Head of Finance and Administration with regards to the daily work. The job as Administrative Officer includes, but is not necessary limited to, the below tasks and responsibilities:
- Reception functions; including answer, forward, and take messages for incoming telephone calls in Arabic and English.
- Ensure that all incoming correspondence to the Initiative (emails, letters and other documents) are forwarded internally and filed properly.
- Provide contacts to printers and similar suppliers to get quotations for DEDI’s print jobs.
- Make travel arrangements for all projects and activities, staff and guests including hotel and flight reservations.
- Update the contact book and the calendar.
- Overseeing email box for the accounts of firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and taking the necessary action.
- Managing the inventory of stationary (e.g. toner, paper, envelopes, pens, etc.) in the Initiative and always ensure that sufficient supplies are available. Making orders by phone to replenish stock, and inventories of fixed assets etc.
- Directing and overseeing the work of the cleaning staff (Office Assistant).
- Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the area of the admin. work, and extensive experience in flight and hotel reservations and event management.
- Strong leadership, communication and reporting skills;
- Readiness and skills to work in close cooperation with all employees;
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Arabic is a must;
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…etc.);
- How to apply?
Candidates must send a letter of motivation in English (max 600 words) explaining how their professional qualifications match the position’s requirements, and a CV in English to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org The email must be titled: “Administrative Officer”.
The deadline for submission of full application (CV and Cover Letter) is 12th of September 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the Initiative.