Terms of Reference
Media Project Officer
The Danish Egyptian Dialogue Initiative (DEDI)
- Position Information
Position Type: Full Time
Start date: 01/03/2020
Duration Of Contract: 01/03/2020-31/12/2020
(renewable upon satisfactory performance through 2020)
Days Off/ week: 2 days (Flexible)
Hours/week: 37 Hours
Location: Zamalek, Cairo
Years Of Experience: 5+ Years
- Organizational Context
The Danish Egyptian Dialogue Initiative (DEDI) is an intergovernmental Initiative established through an agreement between the Danish and Egyptian Foreign Ministries. DEDI’s core mandate is to promote cultural and social understanding between Denmark and Egypt through dialogue and partnerships.
DEDI was founded in 2004 and has developed a broad scope of governmental and civil society partnerships, building long-lasting networks and co-operation between Egyptian and Danish partners. DEDI is carrying out projects and activities in three program areas:
- Civic Education
- Arts & Culture
The Project Officer will work on the projects under the Media program area under the overall supervision of the Initiative’s Coordinator.
The Thematic Objective for the Media program area is to avail the Egyptian media with programs and activities, which engage all sections of the media scene in Egypt and strengthens the dialogue between Egyptian and Danish media professionals. The program is creating space for creativity through discussions and the presentation of ideas covering a variety of aspects of the profession. The focus is on dialogue, innovation, capacity building and knowledge
Functions and Key Results Expected
Under the supervision of the Coordinator of the Initiative and in cooperation with the other employees, the Media Project Officer’s tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop projects and project concept notes, conduct background research, map out stakeholders, and identify partners;
- Draft contracts, project documents, reports and other relevant materials;
- Implement and monitor project activities and report on these to the Coordinator;
- Closely monitor the day to day budget of project implementation and keep an ongoing track of budget spending;
- Keep the project archive updated;
- Liaise with external actors relevant to DEDI’s work including civil society, governmental organizations, international organizations, and research Initiatives and think tanks among others;
- Report to the Initiative’s Advisory Group through preparing reports and needed documents;
- Develop and Implement communication strategy in collaboration with the projects’ partners and produce content on the projects to social media and DEDI’s website;
- Provide advice to the Coordinator on the Initiative’s Communication strategy;
- Nourish proactive and reactive contact to Egyptian and Danish Media;
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Coordinator on an ad hoc basis.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master degree in Mass Communication, Journalism or other relevant fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience with an international organization and/or extensive field experience with official and executive institutions and civil society organizations;
- Knowledge of the use of social media, new technologies and latest developments in the media field;
- Demonstrated experience working with Media programs, events and conferences;
- Experience with inter-cultural partnerships, dialogue and exchange projects;
- Strong leadership, communication and reporting skills;
- Readiness and skills to work in close cooperation with teams/colleagues;
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Arabic (a must);
- Strong digital skills including WordPress or similar programs;
- Flexibility to travel outside of Egypt.
How to apply?
Candidates must send a letter of motivation in English (max 600 words) explaining how their professional qualifications match the position requirements, and a CV in English to the following email address: email@example.com The email must be titled: “Media Projects Officer Vacancy”.
The deadline for submission of full application (CV and Cover Letter) is 18 January 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the Initiative.