DEDI’s Annual Dialogue Forum 2017
Role of Media Ethics is Empowering Journalism Summer School
Deadline for submission: August 19th,2017
The Danish Egyptian Dialogue Institute (DEDI) would like to invite you to join in this year’s Dialogue forum / Summer School. This year’s Dialogue Forum will be organized around the general theme of “Media Ethics” and the relationship between the quality of journalism and the ethical standards of journalism in particular.
The Forum aims at developing a better understanding of media ethics, providing the participants with knowledge and understanding of their future profession and its challenges, in addition to widening their knowledge of the other countries that have other challenges in the field of media through the following:
- Building an understanding of the importance of media ethics.
- Debating the universality or the particularity of ethics?
- Defining the impact of cultural and other values on the understanding of ethics.
- Brainstorming to define universalities and flexible frames for journalism ethics.
- Exchanging knowledge and expertise between young Egyptians and their colleagues from Denmark.
This year’s Forum will be held from August, 20th till 27th, 2017 in the Danish capital, Copenhagen, with the involvement of 24 Egyptian and Danish participants including students of journalism and young practitioners from both countries.
All expenses will be covered by The Danish-Egyptian Dialogue Institute (DEDI).
Who is eligible to apply?
- Applicants should be students of Mass Communication (Journalism, Photojournalism, Communication) and young practitioners from Denmark
- Applicants should be from 20 to 27 years old.
- English language proficiency is a must.
- Applicants should be willing to working within a large group people with a diversity of backgrounds.
- Applicants should be fully committed to the Forum and to engage in all the activities of the Forum during the whole week.
How to apply?
Eligible applicants should send the application form, you can download it here: https://goo.gl/irfqI9 , along with a motivation letter of approximately 500 words and their CV to the email: email@example.com no later than August 19th, 2017. Successful applicants only shall be contacted for personnel interviews. Applications sent without one of the required documents will be disregarded.