- Position Information
Position Type: Full Time
Start Date :1/6/2019
Duration of Contract: 1/6/2019 – 31/12/2019 (renewable upon satisfactory performance through 2019)
Days Off/Week: 2 days (Flexible)
Hours/Week: 37 hours
Location: Zamalek, Cairo.
Nationality: Egyptian Nationals Only
Years of Experience: 5+ Years
- Organizational Context
The Danish Egyptian Dialogue Institute (DEDI) is an intergovernmental institute established through an agreement between the Danish and Egyptian Foreign Ministries with a strong dialogue mandate under the Danish Arab Partnership Programme (DAPP).
DEDI’s core mandate is to promote cultural understanding between Denmark and Egypt.
DEDI’s comparative advantages lie in its dialogue competence and its unique intergovernmental status, which allow for a broad scope of governmental and civil society partnerships to be brought together to build long-lasting networks and co-operation between Egyptian and Danish partners. DEDI’s projects and activities are based on three programme areas:
- Civic Education
- Arts & Culture
The Project Officer will work on the Governance projects under the Civic Education programme area under the overall supervision of the Institute’s Director. The Project Officers at DEDI form part of the Institute’s Program Unit.
The Thematic Objective for the Civic Education programme area for DEDI’s 2017-2022 strategic cycle Phase V is “To Promote responsive governance and civic engagement by building the capacities of youth and women to participate in the societal development in the local and national spheres”.
I. Functions and Key Results Expected
In close cooperation with the Civic Education Programme’s other employees and under the supervision of the Director of the Institute, the Project Officer’s tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop projects and project concept notes, conduct background research, map out stakeholders, and identify partners;
- Draft contracts, project documents, reports and other relevant materials;
- Implement and monitor project activities and report on these to the Director;
- Liaise with external actors relevant to DEDI’s work including civil society, governmental organizations, international organizations, and research institutes and think tanks among others;
- Report to the Institute’s board through preparing reports and needed documents;
- Document project activities (reports and visual materials) for the sake of publicity and reporting;
- Disseminate knowledge and information on the project through social media and DEDI’s website;
- Implement media and communication strategy as developed in collaboration with the Communication Unit and project partners;
- Closely monitor the day to day budget of project implementation and keep an ongoing track of budget spending;
- Keep the project archive updated (hard and soft copies);
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Director on an ad hoc basis.
- Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Development Studies, or related field. A Masters- level degree is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the area of good governance with an international organization and/or extensive field experience with official and executive institutions and civil society organizations;
- Demonstrated experience working with Sustainability and Environment, Gender mainstreaming and youth empowerment programs;
- Experience implementing similar dialogue and exchange projects;
- Strong leadership, communication and reporting skills;
- Readiness and skills to work in close cooperation with the teams other employees;
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Arabic is a must;
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…etc.);
- Flexibility to travel outside of Egypt.
How to apply?
Candidates must send a letter of motivation in English (max 600 words) explaining how their professional qualifications match the position requirements, and a CV in English to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org The email must be titled: “Governance Project Officer – Civic Education Programme Vacancy”.
The deadline for submission of full application (CV and Cover Letter) is 4 May 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the Institute.